Rosemary San Marzano Tomato Soup & Grilled Cheese Fries. Hello comfort food! Nothing says comfort food to us like a Rosemary tomato soup and grilled cheese “fries”. Flora San Marzano D.O.P. Tomatoes are authentic San Marzano tomatoes. Labeled with the official Denominazione d’Origine Protetta label and packed fresh from harvest, Flora San Marazano D.O.P.
• 1/2 yellow onion, diced
• 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon of Flora Foods Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1 cup grated carrots
• 1 sprig fresh rosemary
• 1 bay leaf
• 1 teaspoon black pepper
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 5 cups vegetable stock
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1 can of Flora Foods San Marzano D.O.P 28oz
• Salt, to taste
1. Heat Flora Foods Extra olive oil in soup pot on intermediate high temperature. When hot add carrots, garlic, onions, rosemary, and the 1/8 teaspoon of salt. Let cook for some minutes till the onions are just marginally caramelized.
2. Dispense stock into the pot, making sure to stir well to get all of the caramelized bits off of the bottom. Add whole can of Flora Foods San Marzano D.O.P 28oz tomatoes, bay leaf, and additional seasonings. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and let simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Remove bay leaf and rosemary sprig from the soup. It’s ok if any rosemary leaves fell off while cooking, as they will be blended in when you puree the soup. Turn off the heat.
4. Using an immersion mixer or food processor, puree soup to desired consistency.
5. Transfer back to pot stir in the heavy cream. Serve immediately.