Ingredients (serves 2-3 people):
6 ounces Orecchiette
2 Sweet Red Pepper Hulls, chopped
1/4 cup Almonds, chopped
1/2 teaspoon spicy Peperoncino Mix
For the Basil Pesto:¬†
2 cups washed Basil Leaves
1/3 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
1/4 cup Pumpkin Seeds
1 Garlic Clove
1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Lemon, juices
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
1. Make the pesto in your food processor or blender. Add all of the ingredients then blend until smooth, about 1-2 minutes.
2. Chop the almonds and sweet red pepper hulls.
3. Cook the Orecchiette pasta according to package instructions. About 12-5 minutes.
4. Drain the pasta then add it back to the pot. To the pasta add the pesto, chopped sweet red pepper hulls and ¬Ĺ teaspoon of the spicy pepperoncino mix, stir to combine.
5. To serve, add some of the chopped almonds to your pasta and some fresh basil leaves.
You can find more recipes from¬†Joni Gomes¬†at¬†foodbyjonister.com
About Joni Gomes
Joni is a food blogger that creates healthy and easy recipes. She grew up in Germany and has been living in the U.S. for 12 years.
She currently lives in Miami, FL and loves every minute of it!
You can follow Joni and see her wonderful recipes
on Instagram and Twitter¬†@foodbyjonister¬†
To learn more about Joni and try some of her
delicious and healthy recipes go to:¬†https://foodbyjonister.com